The EPEC 2016 welcomes submission of papers related to the conference theme of Smart Grid and Beyond: Future of the Integrated Power System including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Future Integrated Electric Power System
- Smart Grids: Existing & Emerging Technologies
- Communications in Smart Grids
- Synchrophasors and Protection in Smart Grids
- Power Electronics, HVDC, FACTS
- Renewable Energy: Generation and Integration
- Energy Storage
- Electrification of Transportation
- Microgrids and Remote Communities
- Smart Grid Standards and Deployment
- Cyber Security and Power System Security
- Energy Conservation and Efficiency
- Nuclear Energy
- Electricity Markets and Business Models
- Integrated Energy System Planning
- Data Analytics in Smart Grids
- Computational Methods and Reliability
- Government Initiatives, Policies and Smart Grids
The format of the paper should follow the IEEE conference paper style. EPEC 2016 will only accept the electronic submission of a full paper in English.
EPEC 2016 proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore, EI Compendex and ISI Proceedings.
The EPEC 2016 authors are invited to submit extended versions of their presented conference papers for publication in the IEEE Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CJECE) Special Issue within 4 weeks of the conference final day (i.e. by November 11, 2016).
The extended manuscript must be significantly extended (by a minimum of 30%) in its overall technical content and research results beyond the scope of the conference paper published in the EPEC 2016 conference proceedings. The extended manuscript will go through another separate review process according to CJECE review process. For more details, please visit http://journal.ieee.ca/.
Based on a number of EPEC 2016 authors’ requests, the deadline for submission of extended versions of the presented EPEC 2016 papers for publication in the IEEE Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CJECE) Special Issue has been extended to January 11, 2017. For submission, please use the instructions posted on below and http://journal.ieee.ca/authors.html.
The submission of extended papers should be done directly to the CJECE journal after which they will go through a separate review process. Additional information can be found at http://journal.ieee.ca/aboutcjece.html, under Authors.
You can select whether you would opt for open access, which has a standard IEEE fee of US $1750 per paper, or for a payment of CAD $100 per published page. The initial deposit of CAD $100 is waived for the EPEC 2016 authors. You should prepare and submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter,
- Extended Paper,
- A separate brief document “Extensions Beyond Proceedings” outlining what the extensions beyond your EPEC 2016 published conference paper are,
- A pdf copy of your EPEC 2016 Conference Paper for the use of Editor-in-Chief and your paper’s reviewers,
- An Over-length Page Agreement, and
- A signed IEEE Copyright Form.
In your cover letter, you should state that your submission is an extended paper of the EPEC 2016 conference paper under title ” … ” by the authors … (list of authors), that you are the corresponding author (provide your contact info), that you (and/or your co-author(s), please provide the names(s)) presented the conference version of the paper at EPEC 2016, that your extended paper is not published or submitted anywhere else, and that it has over 30% of new material as outlined in more detail in your accompanying “Extensions Beyond Proceedings” document.
|Submission of full papers in PDF||June 05, 2016 (Updated)|
|Submission of workshop & panel session proposals||June 05, 2016 (Updated)|
|Submission of tutorial proposals||June 05, 2016 (Updated)|
|Notification of workshop/panel/tutorial acceptance||June 12, 2016 (Updated)|
|Notification of paper acceptance||Completed (July 05, 2016)|
|Submission of final camera-ready papers||July 31, 2016|